Our monitoring and measurement services
Our range of services span from manual measurements, such as low flow current meter gauging programmes, to operation of large complex telemetered networks of sites, which are delivered by specialist professionals based throughout the UK.
We operate more than 850 telemetered monitoring sites and undertake manual measurements at over 1,000 sites across the UK, which means that we’re likely to already be working near to your project location.
We provide services in data monitoring and management, flood warning and MCERTS (the UK Environment Agency’s Monitoring Certification scheme for discharges to the water environment) alongside hydraulic and engineering design services for a wide range of monitoring networks and fish passes.
- Monitoring Network Design
- Environmental Monitoring
- Flood Warning Systems
- Data Management and Software
Our experience and expertise
We have exceptional experience in the collection of all types of hydrological data involving water level, flow, rainfall and many other variables. We are widely regarded as the leading independent hydrometric consultant in the UK.
This is reflected by:
- Operation of the water resources monitoring network for Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water—the largest outsourced long-term monitoring contract of its kind
- Appointment to frameworks with key suppliers such as Scottish Water, the Environment Agency, Scottish and Southern Energy, East Riding of Yorkshire Council and Yorkshire Water
- Support to nearly every UK-based water company
- Provision of measurement and flood warning services to over 80 drainage/local authorities across the UK
- Provision of hydrometric training to over 3,000 Environment Agency staff since 1995
Our independence and impartiality
We are not tied to any equipment suppliers—we recommend the monitoring and measurement solution that is the best available to meet your requirements and budget, based on a thorough assessment of the equipment available on the market and practical experience in using that equipment.
This expertise is backed up by representation of senior staff on British, European and International standard committees for flow measurement and hydrometry.