We are seeking a full-time Project Engineer for the Americas Stormwater and Wastewater Industrial business unit located in Portland, Maine. This position will be responsible for Engineering services for basic design and production of Hydro’s Industrial products.
Competence & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in engineered products/construction industry.
- Practical working knowledge of engineering principals.
- Versed with production and quality control procedures.
- An understanding of the needs of Industrial markets and their customers preferred.
- Engineering and problem-solving experience in the water and allied industries is preferred, including drafting experience with Inventor, AutoCAD and related software or similar 3-D packages.
- Familiarity with analysis of hydrology and hydraulics principles, including the use of applicable software.
- 3+ years experience with overall water and wastewater treatment process design.
- 3+ years Project Management Experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) required.
Skills & Attributes:
- The ability to coordinate all phases of equipment and system design, prepare approval documents and to meet established schedules is essential.
- Proven ability to interact with the customer and supplier with good communication skills and to work with people from all backgrounds is required.
- The ability to work in both metric and imperial (English) units.
- Willingness to investigate, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to project manage multiple industrial projects simultaneously.
- Ability to compose procedures for new equipment applications.
- Ability to perform process engineering calculations, such as mass balance, pipe and pump hydraulics, line sizing, etc. required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills required.
- Experience writing and interpreting technical specifications a plus.
- Ideally knowledge of relevant regulations such as ATEX.
- To work closely with management and co-workers to ensure a professional and seamless service to our customers.
- Provide engineering services for basic design, specification review and the technical submittal phase of a project. Work closely with specifying engineers, installation contractors and customers to ensure their needs are clearly identified and satisfied.
- Prepare submittal and fabrication drawing and specification packages in support of the products.
- Assist in the development of automated systems for engineering and drafting tasks for the Industrial product lines, including hydraulic and process calculations.
- Assist production in the preparation and review of Operation & Maintenance Manuals to the requirements of the project specifications.
- Assist in evaluation of vendor products and work to develop standards to enhance performance and operation.
- Follow Hydro’s internal control and ISO quality control procedures and work in accordance with all relevant company policies.
- When necessary, provide production and support services. Assist in the inspection of finished products to ensure compliance with Hydro’s specifications. Coordinate delivery and installation inspection.
- Provide engineering support to the Product Development Manager on special projects that promote the application of Hydro’s range of Industrial products.
- Support, as necessary, Product Development Management on the development of new products.
- Support, as necessary, Product Development Management with laboratory testing, field testing, and sample analysis.
- To apply the requirements of the BS EN ISO 9001 / 14001 as appropriate within your area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental aspects affecting self, employees and projects in your control.
- Plan for the achievement of individual and divisional targets in alignment with the strategies and policies of the company.
- Prepare the necessary support to sales associates to enable them to develop market leads and close new deals.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering reports, opinions and recommendations; maintain project time frames, budget estimates and status reports using proper document control.
- Assists with preparing design drawings, technical specifications, material quantity take-off and developing construction cost and Return on Investment for projects.
- Other duties which the company may reasonably require the individual to undertake.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Occasional travel (5-10%). International travel possible.
- Valid Driver’s License
- US citizenship or ability to work in the US.
Compensation and Benefits: Hydro offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: health, dental and vision coverage; term life insurance; AD&D and short and long-term disability coverage; FSA; 401(k) with employer match; paid vacation; paid sick leave; paid holidays and bonus plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity