Our expert consultants have vast experience in the water industry and unrivaled specialist expertise of water management issues.
Colin Fenn (BA, PhD, C Sci, C.WEM, FCIWEM)
Colin has been with Hydro-Logic Services since 2006. Colin has a vast range of past experience and provides specialist expert input to the team.
- Chaired CIWEM's Water Resources Expert Panel for 12 years
- Inaugural reporter on the water sector and on the flood and coastal management sector for the Institution of Civil Engineers' State of the Nation report, from 1999-2004
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers review panel, 2012-2013
- On the British Hydrological Society National Committee 2005-2012
- Former Managing Director at Atkins Water and HR Wallingford
- Over 40 published papers on water resources and flood management
- Honorary Research Fellow and Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University
Paul Webster (BSc, MSc, PhD, DIC, MCIWEM, C.WEM)
Paul has been a senior Hydro-Logic Services consultant 2000, following nine years spent lecturing in the School of Civil Engineering at the University of Birmingham. Paul is our lead hydrologist, providing invaluable input on water resources, flooding, master planning and project management.
- International experience with the Namibian Government; reservoir planning in Botswana; river basin master planning in China and catchment based flood studies in Hong Kong
- Contributed to over 20 published papers in hydrology and water resources
- Member of British Hydrological Society Committee, 1992-2000
- Member of CIWEM Rivers and Coastal Group Committee, 2004-2008
- Chaired steering group on revisions and developments of the Flood Estimation Handbook 2001-2007
Rob Burton (BSc, C.WEM, MCIWEM)
Rob began his career with Hydro-Logic Services and was appointed Head of Hydrometry in 2011, managing the delivery of national hydrometric field services across the UK.
- Lead specialist on MCERTs and flow measurement audit/compliance
- Significant role in developing consultancy services in Stirling
- Active member of the British Hydrological Society in the Pennines
Kunle Akande (BSc, MSc, PhD, CEng, CEnv, FCIWEM, MICE)
Kunle joined Hydro-Logic Services in early 2015, after having developed an extensive professional portfolio and over 20 years experience in the water industry.
- Member of the International Water Association
- Member of CIWEM Water Resources Expert Panel
- Member of the Water and Environment Journal Editorial Board
- Specialist adviser for the review and audit of draft WRMP14/PR14 submissions for four major water companies, 2013-2014
- Project Manager for the Environment Agency's Water Resources Management Plans - preparing for the future, 2012-2013
Kunle manages Aquator in conjunction with Oxford Scientific Software.
Alan Corner (BEng, Ceng, MICE)
Alan has been with Hydro International since 2011 and became Head of Water Engineering in 2016, providing a technical lead in sewage treatment, drainage and flood risk design matters.
- Global Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) Knowledge Leader at Halcrow 2004-2010
- Member British Water SuDS/Sustainable Water Focus Group since 2005
- International experience in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Thailand covering flood risk, sewage treatment works design, drainage networks construction supervision plus port and rail depot drainage design
- Design lead on Water Pollution Management and Containment - offering HAZOP assessment services related to the control of pollution and fire water runoff for industrial clients
- Expert witness capability for drainage and flood related issues