Climate change and urban growth have created more frequent and more intense storm events, and greater areas of impermeable and impervious surfaces. When rain falls on the built environment it generates surface water runoff, which, if not controlled, can cause surface or sewer flooding. The runoff can also pick up a range of pollutants, including oils, heavy metals, nutrients and silt. When this storm water runoff reaches a storm drain or sewer it transports any pollution into the network, which may discharge directly or indirectly into the environment.
Our flow control products control, store and infiltrate surface water, while our stormwater treatment products catch and retain stormwater runoff pollution before it reaches the environment, preventing damage to fragile and important ecosystems. Often referred to as stormwater best management practices (BMP), they support effective stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPP).
Stormwater treatment products
Hydrodynamic separators use vortex forces to separate pollutants from surface water runoff, settling out total suspended solids (TSS), biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) and solid-bound heavy metals and nutrients, while oils and floatables are captured at the surface.
- An advanced hydrodynamic vortex separator that provides impressive and reliable removals of sediments, oil and floatables from stormwater runoff. View product
- A versatile separator that works with single and multiple inlet pipes and inlet grates. View product
Filters use the physical and chemical properties of custom filtration media to capture a wide range of pollutants from surface water runoff.
- An advanced stormwater treatment system that combines sedimentation and screening with filtration to capture sediment, oils, heavy metals and nutrients from surface water runoff, achieving TSS removal rates of up to 98%. View product
Screens provide a physical barrier to catch trash, litter and other gross waterborne pollutants, preventing them from passing into the sewer network.
- A next-generation baffle box that captures sediment and screens trash and other solids, storing organic materials dry to prevent nutrient leaching. View product
Flow control products
Hydro-Brake® flow controls
Hydro-Brake® flow controls have deservedly earned a reputation for delivering reliable, effective drainage control, stormwater management and flood protection. Requiring no power and with few or no moving parts, they provide exceptional water management for sustainable drainage (SuDS), low-impact development (LID) and water-sensitive urban design (WSUD) projects.
- A vortex flow control custom-engineered to provide site-specific water management for surface, foul and combined water across a wide range of flows and for a variety of applications. View product
- A vortex flow control providing large-scale protection at the watercourse level to prevent costly damage and disruption to residents, businesses and essential services. View product
- A float-activated flow control providing constant discharge, cutting on-site storage to a minimum while matching the carrying capacity of downstream infrastructure. View product
- A low-cost, low-complexity flow control for surface, foul or combined water at sites with generous discharge consents and low storage constraints. View product
Sign up for stormwater management updates
We'd like to update you on stormwater management news, articles and product developments. To sign up to receive updates just complete the form:We won't send updates frequently, and we'll take good care of your personal information.