Displaying United States WebsiteChange your region
Wet Weather / CSO
Wet weather events are one of the leading causes of water quality degradation nationwide. Wet weather runoff can hydraulically overload sewers and treatment facilities, causing overflow events known as combined sewer overflows (CSOs) or sanitary sewer overflows (SSOs). These overflows discharge a mixture of untreated stormwater and wastewater carrying human waste, trash, debris and toxic waste directly into a receiving water body.
Today’s municipalities require innovative technologies to economically and effectively address the growing problems associated with Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs) and Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs) caused by wet weather. Hydro International is the leading expert in wet weather management, providing efficient, cost effective solutions to prevent, treat or abate wet weather overflows.
Hydro’s passive vortex flow control device the Reg-U-Flo® Vortex Valve optimizes flow control for up to 50% reduction in project costs while providing large clear openings to reduce the chance of blockages. The Reg-U-Flo Vortex Valve provides superior hydraulic performance over conventional flow controls with the following benefits:
- Controls velocities to protect infrastructure
- Optimizes storage in existing sanitary and combined sewer systems to minimize the cost of the project
- Reduces storage volumes and land use necessary to accommodate wet weather flows
- Incorporates large openings to reduce maintenance
- Allows for safe passage of aquatic life in flood alleviation schemes