We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is us.
Our data collection, processing and related communications are conducted in accordance with local regulations, including the EU GDPR, 2003 US CAN-SPAM Act and 2020 CCPA, Canada's CASL, Australia's Spam Act 2003 and New Zealand's Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
What information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to any service, posting material, or becoming a registered user or if you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us
- Information from surveys that we use for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem with or submit a comment regarding the website
- Details of your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access
- Professional personal information, such as that contained within a business card, from events, trade shows and other personal interactions
The above is indicative only, and is not intended as an exhaustive list.
How we process and store your information
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain features or parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computer or use a computer in a public places such as a library or internet café.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have indicated that you wish (or where it is implied that you give your consent) to be contacted for such purposes
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our services
Disclosure of your information
Please note that we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group.
Please note that we may disclose your personal information to third parties under certain conditions:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
We will never sell any of your personal information
Some regulations require businesses to allow you to opt out of having your information sold to a third party. We do not sell personal information to third parties and we will never do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by following the [unsubscribe] link on any emails that we send you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us directly.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from internet sites operated by other companies. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such sites.
Access to and deletion of information
The UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU GDPR, the CCPA and other legislation gives you the right to access information held about you, and to request that that information be deleted. Your right of access and deletion can be exercised in accordance with these regulations. You can exercise that right at any time by contacting us directly.
How to contact us